Thursday, November 20, 2008

Hand Over the Mom Jeans and All Will be Well.

In approximately 1983, or maybe 84 when my brother graduated from high school, some relatives came out to California and we went to the Wild Animal Park.


Yeah, half grown out perm,curtain split bangs (due to a cowlick I finally stopped fighting and gave up on bangs) horizontal stripes (loved that shirt) and MOM JEANS??! This was long before I was a mom...the pleats! The high waist! They aren't super pegged, not that day.
I know these photos are hard to see, but you can see the horror that lies beneath the low pixels.

























For more delightful and embarrassing non-photo album worthy photos (even though this one is worthy in other ways, just embarrassing)PLEASE visit Kristen.

14 comments:

P.S.He loves you.. said...

that's something scary~ ehg?

Missy Shell said...

Oh, man. I know so many people that had that same shirt!

I wore mom jeans before I was a mom too. What were we thinking?

Ginny said...

I hate mom jeans! They are sooooo uncomfortable.....lol. All of the pictures I've been posting in my vacation series crack me up. Big hair, neon colors, tucked in shirts....oh my goodness.

LifeAtTheCircus said...

So the real question is, now that you ARE a mom... do you still wear the jeans?

We are THAT Family said...

I didn't even know there were "mom jeans" until I watched Oprah one day.

And then I recognized myself!

Misty said...

sometimes I try to detach myself from now, and think "when we look back on these photos, will be mock our apparel/style?" but it just seems like the 80's were a painful journey to get to normal...

a Tonggu Momma said...

Like Kristen, I learned about the dreaded mom jeans on Oprah one day. And then... yes... the burial. Because I couldn't in good conscience pass those along at Goodwill.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Never heard the term "curtain-split" bangs before. Too funny. I had them, too. And hey, "Mom Jeans" weren't just for moms, once upon a time. You are absolved of the sin.

Tammy said...

Ha ha ha.....went on a trip to the beach with some friends from college and one of them commented on how thankful she was that none of us were sporting "Mom style" jeans!

Muthering Heights said...

LOL, GREAT mom jeans!

Valarie Lea said...

Oh my goodness the horror!!!! Who ever invented those things needs to be parade around in them again, for public humiliation!!!

Sooz said...

The picture is blurry, but at first I thought it was a picture of one of your girls!!

Jenny in Utah said...

Yep - I had those, too. Not anymore - thank heavens.

Schubox said...

Be horrified all you want, it warmed my heart to see that picture!