Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just Like The Movies

Or a bad TV show.

We were sitting in the car waiting for Daughter A to buy some stamps. I was watching a postal worker load his truck full of letters and packages. He would swoop each one up and toss it into the truck. I noticed a box in one pile with large black lettering, "GLASS". I thought to myself, surely he will notice and gentle place that one instead.
Imagine my surprise when he in fact grabbed it off the pile and tossed it into the back of the truck just like all the others. It made me laugh, but I hope whatever it was didn't sustain any damage.

4 comments:

marky said...

I just bought school books from a friend in SC. She sent them in a padded envelope Media Mail. When the Envelope arrived to me, it was EMPTY!!
there was a tiny little red stamp on the front that said Rec'd unsealed at ______ where it had a zip code.
She did not ensure the package.. we both lost out!
The PO infuriates me some times!

Misty said...

i seriously get so many empty/torn or broken things...

Missy Shell said...

I once reordered pics of MC from Penny's. The padded envelope labeled "PHOTOS" was bent and had about a 4 in tear all the way through. Obviously the pics were torn too. Grrrrr.

Thany said...

Yeah........sadly I am not surprised.