Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Fashionista






My family has moved a lot. By a lot I mean my 8 year old has lived in 9 homes. My 18 year olds have lived in I think 17, maybe. We lived in one twice, so we moved 18 times? Some of these moves we just boxed up stuff and moved, and maybe never completely unpacked. The last major move with the girls I was emptying those kinds of boxes. We had to cut our belongings by two thirds. J, pictured below, took the opportunity to try on a variety of things that she found. An old skirt from Mexico, an Awana Sparky vest, among other things. What one must know about daughter J is that she is very much a fashion following girl. She loves Project runway and trendy clothing lines. She has fun with it.....but I think she missed the mark with this one. She'd be "out".



















(Sorry J, I needed to blog and the scanner isn't working)

For more not photo album worthy photos please visit Kristen at We Are That Family!

12 comments:

LifeAtTheCircus said...

I love the expression on her face! Despite the outfit, she looks cute!

Tammy said...

She is runway ready with her happening sparky vest.

P.S. He loves you.. said...

I think the back ground is what messing up the whole runway vision!

Seriously...you better keep your password under raps she's liable to get even ;D

heidi said...

LOL She's still adorable, though!

Wonder what Suede would say? Or Nina Garcia? Oy!

Amy-littletoesandcheerios said...

Looks like she should walk the catwalk to me!

marky said...

You may owe her for that one! I moved a bunch too..and have plenty of those boxes that you speak of!

Heather said...

Love the outfit and the expression!

She is beautiful even in the less-than-inspiring getup :)

We are THAT Family said...

Wow-that's a lot of moving. After posting that picture, it might be 19 times for you!

Valarie said...

She is a true trendsetter for the Awana crowd. :)

Jerralea said...

18 times and you lived to tell about it? I'm all about new beginnings but wow!

Your daughter is beautiful, by the way!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

My four-year-old would pay money for that Awana vest. This is her first year in Awana and she was TICKED that her vest is blue with red piping. She is all about the pink and purple.

Muthering Heights said...

Work it, work it!