Thursday, September 4, 2008

Try, Try Again.

A couple of years ago, while we lived in Arizona, we had the opportunity to have an on stage community event. Vivian from Out Of The Box came and helped us put on an Out Of the Box like production. Spencer was selected to be a kid on stage singing and whatnot. During "craft time" I tried very hard to get a photo of him sitting next to Vivian. I only had a phone camera (that's still all I have) so it was my only hope of really getting a shot.

So I tried....






And tried again,







and again, so close....












Finally!








She was very gracious, and charming, and sweet, and petite. She took pictures with all the kids afterwards, and someone with a really great camera took a picture of them together, which I have never seen.

For more photo album unworthiness head over to Kristen's place.

12 comments:

jennifer said...

How cool! It drives me nuts too when I can't get the shot that I am looking for. But you done good!

Jen

We are THAT Family said...

And the lesson in this is to try try try! And that you have to be petite to be on TV. Right?

Great post!

Amy-littletoesandcheerios said...

I can relate to this, my camera has a delay on it so, let's say if Madi jumped my camera would click just as she hit the ground!

Valarie said...

I haven't thought about "Out of the Box" in forever!

TJ said...

I really think the butt shot is hilarious. I'm not sure what Out of The Box is, but glad you finally got the shot.

Missy Shell said...

I loved the goodbye song that they sang at the end of every episode of Out of the Box! I always sang along. In fact, I still sing Viv's part sometimes in my head!

"So long, farewell, to you my friend. Goodbye for now, until we meet again..."

Tammy said...

Thank you. I'll be singing "out of the box" the rest of the evening. Love the post.

D... said...

LOL! I hate when I can't get a pic of "THE" shot. Very valiant efforts! I hope you finally get to see the shot with the better camera! That would drive me batty. ;)

Suz Broughton said...

Is that show still on the air? My kids loved it. She was sweet w/out being TOO sweet. Hard balance.

Muthering Heights said...

Why does someone's butt ALWAYS pop up when you're trying to take an important shot? Seriously?!?

Thany said...

There should be a blog just for butt shots.

*emmy said...

Hey, whatever happened to that show? I LOVED thier goodbye song too!