Things I miss.
1. Random movies on TV. We don't have TV signal (or cable or anything) so I don't get to see random old movies, I kinda miss them. Especially on a day like today, the weather is a little cool, we are cleaning the house, a random movie in the background would be great.
2. My family being all together. I love watching my girls grow up and become adults and take on the world, but I miss the "Usness". I miss living in the same city, or city next door to my parents and some siblings(both by blood and by choice).
3. Frosty Kone in Lone Pine, Ca...We would stop, get a soft serve and play at the park across the street on our way to or from vacation. Now my parents live in that little town, and NO FROSTY KONE. So wrong.
4. Regular paychecks, not just for the money...for planning and true budgeting. I miss figuring it out and sticking to it.
5. Loving salads. You know, nothing makes something less appealing than HAVING to eat it allll the time. I would still love a big fancy salad from a restaurant, but we can't afford that right now.
6. Bond/movie night and Wives, two on going events with a group of friends that have made such a strong impact on my life. These people have been through it with us, and supported us. We can be serious or ridiculously silly. It's wonderful, and I miss the monthly get togethers we used to have when we all lived in the San Diego area. Now we are in 3 different states, 5 different cities.
Why bring this up? Not to be sad, but to be thankful. I may miss these things, but I am so incredibly thankful that at one time I was able to experience them. I am blessed. Life is a journey, always moving, always changing. I am okay with that.
How about you? What do you miss?