Monday, September 8, 2008

Bring Phillip

My husband's career often lands us in a multitude of churches. I attend with him when I can, he enjoys my company and I enjoy a little adventure and seeing new places. I have learned to have a small bag with me with things I may need , not only for myself but for my husband as well. I will posting a list of those items Wednesday if you are interested. But yesterday I realized that something is missing from my bag (actually I didn't have my bag at all, but that's another story).

A Phillips head screwdriver.

Not for music gear.
Not for car repair.

For Church Chair Repair. While I sat listening to the rehearsal I noticed a loose screw so I tightened it with my fingers as best I could, then I noticed another loose one, and another.

It was a big sanctuary, I could have occupied myself for some time, but my fingers were already red and aching. The thought occurred to me, "If only I had a screwdriver". As I pondered about it I realized how many churches I have been in, and how many of them have loose screws in their chairs, especially if you are a church in the box like mine is. Set up and tear down is notorious for loosening screws right out of chairs.
I have a solution.
Once a month, during say, offering, or a solo maybe. Give each person on the end of the row a screwdriver, then have them tighten the screws in front of them and pass it along to the next person. Problem solved.

Just remember: Righty Tighty.

3 comments:

Amy-littletoesandcheerios said...

Great idea!
Did you enter my giveaway? It ends at noon today.

Thany said...

You are hilarious.
I could see you totally doing this.

Dena said...

Will put a screwdriver in the handy-dandy pocket in my Bible cover and commence tightening loose chairs in Sunday School class this Sunday. Thanks for the idea! You're so helpful!