Friday, August 22, 2008

Remember, Always.

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


Things aren't always peachy keen around here,the last three years in particular, but this last year I have learned so very much about God, His love, forgiveness, plans for me, for good, not harm...it's been a long road, I am not done.

I am still learning to not be anxious,
to not be anxious when jobs are pulled out from under you
to not be anxious when your house is foreclosed on
to not be anxious when you are sent to collections on seemingly insurmountable bills
to not be anxious when although you and your husband are both holding down several part time jobs, you still don't have enough...
to not be anxious when past hurts are revealed, and you realize you are powerless to change the past, to protect your children, that you have no real control over anything.


Anxiety solves nothing. Worry solves nothing.

Hope is what I grab a hold of.

7 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

I hear ya pal. Tie a knot and hang on!!!

Misty said...

There couldn't have been a more perfect post for me to wake up this morning and read! thank you...

inquisitivesensitive said...

that really lifted my spirits this morning! Thank you for the encouraging post!

Thany said...

Well done, friend.

Jenello said...

i needed a devotion today but working thirteen hours and packing I didnt find time so I prayed that God give me one in another way, thanks.

Dena said...

thanks.
Amen.
prayers.
Hugs.

Jade said...

What a beautiful post! I am way too anxious and need those reminders. Thank you.