Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Poor Sicko

My Birthday is Friday.I thought I'd throw that out there, because this has been quite the week leading up to it. I am turning *gasp* 40. This is not the week I had hoped for, and I am praying that my son is ALL better so that we can go have a little fun.

For the last 7 days I have been a sad mommy as my youngest was sick, really sick. I also had a weekend full of concerts. Not to attend, to sing in(Hubby plays keys, bass and sings as well). My poor sick child was thankfully, generously and kindly cared for by his eldest sister (older than her twin by a full 18 minutes). I am so incredibly thankful that she moved back in and was able to help us out since we were so swamped this weekend.

We think he is finally getting back to normal, but he isn't all better yet. High fevers, headaches, weird spots and a small plethora of other symptoms. Checked out by doctors, "Just a virus", just a stupid, icky, mommy doesn't like it virus. Poor kid.

Look what it did to my baby!!!
Stupid virus.









This is one photo not going into any album. Can you imagine? "Oh, look honey, remember the time that virus made your eyes all puffy and the fever broke blood vessels in the white part? Wow".

Yeah, I don't think so. I will refrain from showing pictures of the weird spots.








For more non-album worthy photos head on over to We Are That Family!

19 comments:

inquisitivesensitive said...

First of all... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I wish you a wonderful day and hope you have a lovely time with family and friends. :)

Second, poor Spencer. I would be freaking out if my child had weird puffiness of the eyes and spots :( I hope he feels better soon!

~Heather

Cheri-Beri said...

Happy Birthday!! Mine was yesteray and I turned 39. It was the best birthday of my life - I blogged about it. Of course I did . . . lol.

Sorry about your son. UGH. Kids and being sick. Sometimes it seems like it'll never end. I hope he's doing better soon.

Jerralea said...

Aww, poor baby. He looks so miserable.

I hope that you'll be able to have a Happy Birthday, anyway. You can always celebrate on a different day --that way you can make your special day last longer. I do it all the time. If I work it right, I can get a whole week of special treatment for birthdays!

Just kidding.

Ginny said...

Hope Spence feels better soon. Did I ever tell you that Lori came home from school the day of my 30th birthday with the chicken pox? I had never had them before, so 2 weeks later I had them with my 4 year old. We tease Lori and tell her that my 30th birthday present was the germs that caused the dreaded disease.

Have a Happy Birthday! We can't wait to see you. I told everyone in our cell group last night about how excited I was to see you guys. No more virus'. Don't you. Aaron or Alyssa even think about it.

Misty said...

what a nightmare illness!!! horrible.

Happy Birthday.

marky said...

aww... what a pathetic picture.

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 40 Rocks!

D... said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope your son is all better, bless his heart, & you can celebrate YOUR day in style!

Thanks for visiting me! To answer your question, the wedding dress was yellow.

Red Riding Hood said...

I am so so sorry and am praying for your beautiful child.

We are THAT Family said...

Bless your heart! I'm sorry he's been sick! Hopefully he'll get better soon, in time for a great birthday! Have a special one!

jennifer said...

"Virus" always seemed so inconclusive to me. It would drive me bonkers when the doctors proclaimed "virus" over my kids.

Poor kiddo. Looks like things have been tough around there.

Jen

Thany said...

My sweet T....I have been and will be praying for you.

HDMac said...

Happy birthday ... and ouch... poor baby!!!!

The Apron Queen said...

Happy b-day. Give your little guy a hug. Hope he feels better soon. :)

Confessions of an Apron Queen

bunchofbull-ers! said...

Awwwww...poor guy! Hope he is all better soon. And Happy Birthday to you!

LifeatTheCircus said...

Poor little guy! I truly hope he feels better soon! It is awful to watch your little ones suffer.

And happy Birthday!!!

Lastly, thanks for stopping by my blog today... so glad to know there are more coca-cola fans out there!!

Muthering Heights said...

Poor kid! Thankfully this happened now, and not right before his prom or something...

Happy birthday! :)

Takin' time to smell the flowers! said...

Okay I know we could be friends because one of your favorite movies is the Princess Bride! "You mocked me once, never do it again! I died that day..." I could go on but I won't. Thanks for leaving a comment on my 'Fro post. I can't wait to read more of your blog. ~April.

Mrs. N. said...

So sorry about your little guy...I do hope you have a fabulous birthday though

Dena said...

how did I miss this post? Poor Spence! Though it looked a little familiar as that is very much like what the boys' eyes looked like with pink eye a couple of weeks ago. The poor little guy, I trust he's much better by now.