Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Cold Head, Warm Heart, Secure Manhood

Or, the fabulous cloak of frogdom.

My sweet husband, my strong big man, has a problem. If air hits his head, specifically COLD air he gets a wicked headache. It could be argued its the lack of hair up there, but this problem existed when the hair still did too. He almost always has a ball cap somewhere nearby, or on his head, to prevent the pain.

A couple weeks ago during a rehearsal the A/C was cranked high because we were all hot, but he didn't have his hat. Our leader looked at him and asked if he was okay, he explained the problem...someone ran off, and got a frog shaped fake furry blanket thing. I say thing because it's head was stuffed. I am going to assume it is for laying on the floor to watch tv or take a nap. He placed it on his head like a hooded cloak. Then he added a piece of black velvet on top of that. Much laughing ensued, however, he kept it on the entire rehearsal to keep the headache at bay. He doesn't care what he looks like, it worked and as he would tell you , he is secure in his manhood.

May I present my husband:







I love him, he is my hero, no matter what he is wearing.


For more non-photo album worthy fun head over to Kristen's place

20 comments:

Red Riding Hood said...

Ack! That is so funny. Looks like he's about to break out into "It's Not Easy Being Green"

Misty said...

MY HUSBAND TOO!!!! He can't have the sudden gust of cold.
I, on the other hand, have hair. :)

Brown said...

I love the look of desperation on his face! lol Great photo!

My Sincerely 'Fro is The One Where I'm Naked...(!)

We are THAT Family said...

I can't imagine why that's not front, in center of your scrapbook!

Who knew green was his color?
Love it.

Tammy said...

What a great look. Should we be looking for that in GQ magazine next month?! ;-)

P.S. He loves you... said...

It could be worse ...and it's not...now did you say you had to kiss allot of toads before you met him? ;0)

Ginny said...

Oh how i wish I could have been there. Much laughing would have occured and I would have teased him unmercifully.

Amy-littletoesandcheerios said...

Making me cold just looking at it! That's how I am if my feet get cold. So, tell him I understand his pain::)

Muthering Heights said...

Hahahaha! That's so cute...the poor thing though, it must have been really bad!

Ramblings of Kimberly said...

Sucks about the headache but that "hat" is funny!

Valarie said...

I have never heard of that! This sounds like us in choir at church, not the head ache part. It will get so cold in there sometimes that some of the woman resort to wearing either a choir robe or a shepards outfit during practice. :)

LifeatTheCircus said...

Glad he was able to get some relief... he went to quite the extreme to get it! That is awesome that he was able to rehearse the rest of the night like that.

marky said...

That is Hysterical!! Does he know you posted that picture???

D... said...

LOL! Too funny! GREAT pic!

Tanya said...

Too cute. I love it. He's adorable. :)

Alexia said...

Love the frog hat!

Domestic Spaz said...

LOL! That is the cutest picture!

Poor guy, what an irritating affliction.

I posted something today calling for stories about your worst parenting mistakes. If you've already posted one in the past or feel like posting another one and linking up, I'd definitely appreciate it! :)

marky said...

we can have a pity party together K?
I am hoping that NEXT year we have a stellar vacation to make up for the lack of one this year!

Dena said...

too funny, he still looks good.

*emmy said...

It's funny how guys really never care what they look like.

Damon is just the same. When he comes home from work and gets out of his tie and long sleeve shirt and slacks he puts on his cut of sweats, old T-shirt and leaves on his BLACK dress socks and puts on his WHITE tennis shoes to go play tennis.

Everyone on the court know him as the guy in the white tennis shoes and black socks.

Our silly boys....gotta love them =^).