Saturday, July 19, 2008

We're WHAT?

A couple of days ago my daughter filled out a fun survey on My Space. I was reading her answers and came upon questions of ethnicity. Italian, No, Spanish, No, French, No...

Me: "Honey, we are French."
A: "What? Since when?"
Spencer pipes in from another room rather excitedly..."French? Really?"
Me: "Yes, French, weren't you there when Grandpa brought it up at Thanksgiving? None of us knew."
Spence: "That's great!"
A: "No it's not. Why didn't I know this?"


Spence: "Sure it is, it make it easier to say monsieur!"



Which he did say in a perfect French (and slightly outrageous) accent.

5 comments:

Thany said...

Why do think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?!

Michelle said...

Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!

ac the oblong said...

Of course, with a maiden name like yours, one could be forgiven for not realizing you were French.

MomOfDudes said...

Aren't we boycotting France?

Just kidding... I would NEVER boycott you...

Anyways, it totally cracks me up that my blond blue eyed son has to put Hispanic on his college and medical forms where there is no longer a "Caucasian" box.

Big Hair Envy said...

Is the French accent genetic? HeeHee!

I don't think there is a box to cover my heritage. I'm just plain old white :)