Saturday, July 12, 2008

Tagged, WooHoo

Tagged
Marky over at WheatFreeClan has tagged me. I feel honored.

She tagged me for a meme where I need to answer the following…

Think back on the last 15 years of your life. What would you tell someone that you haven’t seen or talked to for 15 years? How would you sum up your life? You get 10 bullet points. A list of 10 things to summarize about you. At the end of your list, tag 5 more people and send on the love…

- Even though we were only separated at the time, that man did indeed divorce me, and he did indeed marry the other woman. They are still married to each other, and frankly, I am happy for them.

- I finished my college degree, not in graphic design, not in pre-med or nursing like I had pursued at one time, but business, because I needed to support my girls, and quickly.

- You know that guy, the musician I would go listen to when he played at that bar near my parents house, or wherever ...yeah, I married him 9 years ago. He is wonderful and I can't imagine my life without him. I spent part of my life with him as a (worship)pastor's wife...can you believe it? Me?

- I had a son with him, he is wonderful too.

-My daughters graduated early and started college and lived out of the house this last year. They are 18 now, and it's weird.

- Life in ministry hasn't always been good, in fact part of it has been really stinky, but we are called and blessed when we answer.

- I moved...since you have "seen me" to 6 different cities, 2 different states, and 9 homes. I am tired of moving.

- We may need to move again HAPPILY because one of my daughters just moved back in this week to go to school where we live now.
- I love my new city, we are in the foothills of the Sierra Mountains, it's beautiful.

- Although I look the about the same size as when you saw me last, I topped out over 50 pounds heavier, but I have been working hard to get rid of it all, and we changed our eating to cut out processed foods and eat in a healthy manner.

- I still love ice cream. :)


Okay I have eleven, but it's who I am. This is a pretty heavy list now that I look at it.
I am tagging the following people, feel free to keep it light and fluffy if you want.

Thany, at Falling Out Of The Wardrobe
Lori, Livin' In A Fishbowl who is out of town, I expect her to complete this when she gets back,
Andy, Mostly Trivial Pursuits (I know you probably won't, but PLEASE?)
Kristen at We Are That Family
and
Angela at Diapers and Stilletos

3 comments:

Angela said...

That is a heavy list, but a good list. Reflections should leave us so thankful for the present. If they instead leave us longing for the past then it is indeed time to change our present.

Thany said...

It's nice to do this and look back where God has walked with us (or carried us even!) This was possibly kind of hard to write but cathartic.

The Apron Queen said...

Wow. You've moved a lot too. As a military family, we have moved 10x in 15 years. Ugh. I'm tired of it! Hoping to retire right here.

Just popping in to say Hi from the giveaway. Good luck!

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen