Monday, June 23, 2008

Fluffly Floaty Things of Distraction

I neared a stop sign and noticed little fluffy cream things floating through the air and had the following conversation with myself:

"Oh, aren't they pretty, like snow in summer"
"Oh, probably those seed things"
"They are so graceful, look how they dance and swirl."
"They are all a potential weed, floating into people's yards."
"I wish I could stay and watch them longer, too bad there is someone behind me."
"I wish I could stop each one, they all mean more yard work for someone, and in this heat! How awful that those things are floating around. Glad they aren't near my yard."

I stopped and told my negative side to shut up. They were beautiful fluffy dancing distractions from how ugly life can be...

How many times do we let that inner voice, the ugly, mean, negative voice, speak up and ruin our day? Tell it to shut up, kick it to the curb! Life, while sometimes difficult, can be such a wonderful adventure, full of little wonders and special moments.
Although I don't write about everything going on in my world (yet), I want to say that things have been difficult for us for at least 3 years now. In the last year however, even when things got worse, I have learned to turn to God not only for strength, but for JOY!

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

I changed my view and accepted the little white things, a distraction from the heat and turmoiled thoughts filling my brain, delightful and light..dancing on air, and beautiful.I consider that moment in time a gift.

1 comment:

MomOfDudes said...

The other day I was mesmerized by the hundred little birds sitting on the telephone lines and how they were all evenly spaced. God is so awesome. I wish I could take pictures of what my eyes see. I took a picture of the birds while at the stop light and it just looked like a bunch of black dots, not at all what I saw.