Saturday, June 7, 2008

Customer Service?

I am currently on the phone with DirecTV. How can I possibly be blogging while on the phone you might ask...EASILY, I am once again, on hold. I have been shuffled through 5 different people, 3 of which had thick and matching accents, which makes me wonder how far around the world I was transferred those times.
I should back track a little. The call started with an automated system, the kind with the voice activated answers. They irritate me. They don't understand you, they give you options you don't want. I just need to speak to someone!! So , this whole call is because I am being charged for something not received, a complete billing error on their end, and it is now past due. So the voice prompting is asking me when I am going to pay this overdue incorrect bill, and how much I am going to pay. It does not accept "In your dreams!" or "Never!" as an answer. Eventually I typed in that I will pay a penny towards the balance, hopefully they don't hold me to that since I owe them nothing! I don't know if it was because I finally gave that answer or the system finally gave up on me and transferred me to a person, but I was relieved...briefly.

Why, why does it take 5 different people to hear my story, "check my account" , admit the error, and then transfer me to someone else to do the same exact thing? 30 minutes later Cicily got the job done. Thank you Cicily, I don't know if you read blogs, but I am here to say thank you for your competency, and authority to help me.

I have never had this much trouble with this company before. AT&T is a nightmare, DISH Network, horrible, and long ago we had trouble with Cingular...but DirecTV was always good, and quick, and we preferred their services over other options...but now, I am not impressed. I am hoping for better future communication with them, so they can redeem themselves.

3 comments:

MomOfDudes said...

I consider myself a reasonable woman but a man with an obvious India accent calling himself Mikey just insults my intelligence...

I get SOOOOOO mad at automated systems, I am so there with you girlfriend...

Sooz said...

actually we have to make sure we have time to talk when we call because EVERY time we've tried to call DirecTv it's taken far longer than it should.

marky said...

oh I dont' even want to get started on outsourcing..