Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Winter Camp Eighties Style

Long ago, in Southern California, I went to winter Camp with my best friend, whom at the time went by Lizzy. I am on the right. This ultra cool photo is evidence of how awesome we were...see those pants tucked into my boots? That's cool, you know it! See that Army jacket with the barely visible band buttons on it, like The Cure, yeah, I know you're jealous.(I totally swiped borrowed,that jacket off a guy I wanted to date but that I am so glad now I didn't, the buttons, however, were mine). I am also wearing a vintage mens cardigan sweater, that I kinda miss. I am amazed by my hair, it isn't all big, I have to look for one of those photos, maybe for next week. In this photo it is well, hmmmm, I liked ska and mod music,New Wave stuff so Flock of Seagulls-ish?



Anyway, there we are in all our coolness, being total geeks, albeit totally radical geeks.

Want more fun? Check out Fro Me To You, at We Are That Family!

11 comments:

jennifer said...

I posted the High 80's hair this week.

Winter Camp sounds like fun! And I've got you on the swiped jacket. I had a swiped sweatshirt!

Jen

We are THAT Family said...

Yeah, you made cool look very cool! Don't you just love our perspective now?

Thanks for the laugh, I mean, participation.

Well Behaved Krissy said...

Loved it. :) I have enjoyed going to Winter Camp myself and it is always fun. You are so Stylin!

Worlds Greatest Mommy said...

You do look cool. That stance says it all.

Love the photo!

Gotta GROW with it said...

all that snow around and perfect hair! the guys must have been hiding with their snowballs ready and aimed! great post.

Tammy said...

Absolutely Flock of Seagull-ish.

Totally!

Valarie said...

Oh you looked awesome. I think we had your friends Red Plaid Jacket also. Oh the memories :)

LifeAtTheCircus.com said...

You look super cool! :-)

TJ said...

You look straight out of an 80's movie! Now where is Molly Ringwold, hiding?

I have an 80's photo up too! Complete with my ESPIRIT bag!

Becoming Me said...

Oh my goodness, I am having serious camp flashbacks!!

marky said...

You so totally Rocked!