Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

It's my dad's birthday today. He is an honorable man, hard working, highly intelligent, logical yet creative problem solving kind of guy. He loves fishing and playing his trombone in a jazz/swing band. He is building all the cabinets in my parents newish home. He only slowed down when he had to have open heart surgery last summer, but he is doing great now. He taught me how to fish, re-finish furniture, and try my best even when it was hard. Seriously he doesn't look his age, and once, I will not name names...but a dear younger friend of mine saw him driving in the vintage little red convertible corvette he once owned and thought to herself, "Ooo, for an older guy he's cute" , then she realized it was my dad. Yeah, I LOVE that story!
7 decades of living.
Hard working, clean lifestyle, God honoring living.

Happy Birthday Dad. I love you.

1 comment:

Thany said...

You have weird friends.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!
;)