Monday, May 19, 2008

Baseball Display

Spencer has been, well, challenging lately. He is pushing boundaries and testing the waters of obedience. He had a baseball in his hand and was kinda messing around with it. When I noticed this I stated, clearly," Spencer, while you are in the house that baseball can not leave your hand".

He looked at me, smirked a little and dropped the ball on the floor, and with a twinkle in his eyes looked at me.

He was immediately sent to his room to sit and do nothing, while mom sat and cooled down and thought about what to do.

His response? "It was just a little joke"

Obedience is nothing to joke about.

How many times have I, personally, with a smirk on my face perhaps, done something I know I shouldn't have? Maybe I didn't look right up into his face, perhaps I wasn't so very bold in my disobedience, but let's face it, we are blatant in our actions sometimes.

I'd rather be bold with my obedience and lift my face to God, so a smile can occur. Before I shout my next "look at me!" I want it to be for the right reasons.

1 comment:

We are THAT Family said...

Ooooh, you just described my oldest. I'm always asking for wisdom and super sized dose of patience!